Let’s Make a Safer Community by ending child sexual abuse
Virtual Webinar and Talk Back
Step 1: Virtual Webinar
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Complete prior to Talk Back
Step 2: Talk Back
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Moderated discussion by Sexual Assault Crisis Center trained facilitator
Contact Abby for a list of days and times
Join us to:
- Learn The Facts
- Minimize The Opportunity For Abuse
- Talk About It
- Recognize The Signs
- React Responsibly
This program is designed for:
- Anyone 16 years of age and older who wants to learn how they can help end child sexual abuse
- Community service hours available for students – dependent upon school
- Continuing education available:
- The National Association of Social Workers
- Dentists and dental hygienists
- Daycare providers
- 1 in 10 children faces the horror of being sexually abused by their 18th birthday.
- 93% of victimized children are abused by someone they KNOW and TRUST.
- However, less than 30% of parents talk to their children about sexual abuse.
Darkness to Light encourages every community to achieve what Malcolm Gladwell calls the Tipping Point. Tipping Points occur when a small number of people effect widespread social change.